Artington Parish Council
Artington Parish Council is responsible for representing the parish residents on any local issue. In particular, it makes a contribution to such things as:
* Responding to large scale proposals such as the Guildford Local Plan;
* Local planning applications and enforcement;
* Transport, including the state of the highways and traffic calming;
* Footpaths and other rights of way;
* Village environment matters such as the maintenance of the Amenity Triangle and grass cutting
* Grant-aided projects such as obtaining and topping up the salt bins, maintaining three bus shelters and providing seats.
Although it is a small parish, Artington is an important green wedge between the towns of Guildford and Godalming. The parish council plays an important part in preserving this rural space by liaising with central government agencies, Guildford Borough Council and Surrey County Council concerning their various activities and by scrutinising all planning applications relating to the parish. By making its views known to these other authorities, it acts as an official mouthpiece of Artington residents.
If you wish to make your views known to the parish council you can do so by contacting the clerk, Philip Gorton, who will pass them onto the councillors.
For the moment, because of the coronavirus, the council meets via video conferencing on the second Monday of alternate months starting at 7.00pm.
Occasionally, however, circumstances dictate that the date has to change.
If you wish to join the meeting as an observer, please contact the clerk.
Meetings for 2021
Tuesday 4th May 2021 (including Annual Parish Meeting).
Monday 12th July 2021
Monday 13th September 2021
Monday 8th November 2021
Your parish council:
Peter Hutson (Chairman)
Clemmie Taft (Vice-chairman)
Philip Gorton (Clerk)
11 Orchardfield Road
Caleb Lovejoy charity
Roger Musson is the parish council nominated
trustee of the Caleb Lovejoy charity in Guildford.